I just finished reading a great article on “debugging” our brains. As I was reading it, I came across this gem:
Every morning, I wake up, feed the dog, text my husband, and immediately check both my email and Facebook notifications. This sometimes leads me to forgetting to eat breakfast until nearly noon. All I could think was, “How does he know?!” Rather quickly, I realized, “I’m not the only one.”
Fortunately, the article lead to me getting off the computer (for at least a few minutes) and eating breakfast. I quickly followed that up with starting this entry, lest I forget to blog today.
It’s a beautiful day outside today in Chicago, so if I don’t get dressed and walk around outside for a while, I know I’ll be sore with myself. For me, weather doesn’t get any better than mostly sunny and in the low 60s. Hoodie-optional weather. It’s the best. Fortunately, I live very close to both Marshalls and a couple of decent grocery stores. I think when I’m done with this, I’ll put up some laundry to wash, get dressed, and head out to enjoy the weather and go shopping.
Of course, it’ll be easier to finish this entry if I stop bouncing back and forth between writing this, checking a couple of message boards, and answering email… No! Right! NOW! 🙂
So, what are my priorities for today?
- Figure out what on earth to make for dinner, so I can get the ingredients while I’m out.
- Do laundry so we have clothes to wear.
- Maybe even fold some of it… (Ok, let’s be real. This one belongs dead last on the list.)
- Make an appointment for Brisco to get groomed.
- Unstack the dishwasher.
- Do as many of the dishes that are hanging out in the kitchen waiting to be cleaned as I can before I start feeling punk.
- Make the bed and refill the humidifier.
- Tidy the living room.
- Go to the gym or at least get Adam to go on a walk with you for a half hour at the park.
Any more than that, and I know I am setting myself up for failure… so let’s focus on the good to get my attitude moving in the right direction!
Edit – 2 or 3 hours after I initially posted: I didn’t make it out of the house before storm clouds invaded. I constantly forget that my body is in far more control of the outcome of my day than my intentions. I figured out dinner. Laundry is up, dishes are soaking, lunch is baking… and I’m calling that a win.
3 Great Things About Yesterday
- Spent some quality time with the in-laws.
- Had brunch with some friends we haven’t seen in a long time who are always great to be around.
- I know it’s gonna sound cheesy as hell – but there was a moment yesterday when, out of nowhere, Adam came over to me and said, “You need snuggles.” and proceeded to cuddle with me. That was, without a doubt, the best moment of the entire day. I love that man.
What made YOUR Sunday special?
Please ignore that this is a commercial. Without the branding, it’s adorable.
I can’t even explain why I like this song and particular mix so much, but I really do.