I made mayonnaise again today, but modified my original recipe. What it created was at least 10 times yummier.
Rae’s Homemade Miracle Whip-like Paleo Mayonnaise
Yields 4 Cups
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Get out your food processor and put in the sabatier blade. (That’s the “S” shaped one that spins towards the bottom.)
- In the processor bowl, place the egg yolks, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, and salt.
- Turn the machine on (not on pulse, but in the “on” position) and as slowly as you can, start to drizzle in the oil, drop by drop until the mixture starts to look like mayonnaise, then a slow steady stream of oil can be added.
- Turn off the food processor.
- Use a flexible spatula to scoop the mayonnaise out of the bowl and into a container that is suitable for the refrigerator. If properly refrigerated, homemade mayonnaise can be used for 2 weeks.