Can’t get much lower.
I am now at the lowest dose of Abilify and Cymbalta and am thoroughly depressed. Like, I’m having trouble getting myself to do anything. It’s nearly 2 p.m., and I’m still in my pajamas. I just made myself a morning breakfast smoothie. 1 banana and a ton of strawberries with almond milk. Like that takes effort, right? TODAY, IT TOOK GENUINE EFFORT, PEOPLE.
Saturday will be my first day with no Abilify, Cymbalta, or Nortriptyline – and Monday, I go in to the hospital for a 3-5 day video EEG session where they’re going to take me off Topamax and measure my seizures to see how much Topamax I’ll need to be on (if any) while I’m pregnant.
This is… not fun. I’m looking at that graphic of the tequila thinking “Man, I miss drinking.” when I really don’t miss the headaches that followed. I just miss the days before MS, seizure disorder, depression… the whole shebang. But at least tequila is paleo!
- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper and chicken in a zip-top bag
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade,
- Sprinkle chicken breasts well with salt and pepper, and grill them skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Remove from the grill to a plate.
- Cover tightly and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Total Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Protein: 31 grams
Total carbohydrates: 4 grams
Sugar: 1 gram
Fiber: 0 grams
Cholesterol: 93 milligrams
Sodium: 419 milligrams
“WOW, we made it to 501 entries!”
At least I made an entry.