Got a lot of leftover turkey from Thanksgiving?
Me too. In fact, Adam and I bought an extra turkey since they were on sale, so we have a whole extra turkey’s worth of meat to use up.
Here’s a great way to use 2 pounds of it!
This recipe got 5 stars on the Food Network website, and is one of those recipes that you really look forward to on a cold fall morning when it’s so cold outside that you’re just sure that it’s going to snow.
Potatoes?! Potatoes aren’t Paleo!!!
Some people say that potatoes aren’t paleo – and for them I say, “Great! Make em sweet potatoes, it’ll still taste good! Or, in the alternative, don’t make this recipe.
Adam and I eat potatoes. They grow out of the ground. Grok wouldn’t say no to them.
Guy Fieri’s Turkey Hash
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 2 jalapenos, diced, and seeded
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds red potatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 lime
- In medium saute pan, add 2 ounces olive oil, onions, peppers and saute until translucent.
- Add turkey and brown on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, add 2 ounces of oil, and fry potatoes in oil until crispy.
- On a serving plate layer the turkey mixture on top of the crispy potatoes.
- Top with diced roma tomatoes and fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂