Happy Cyber Monday, readers!
I’m sure everyone’s busy getting all of their holiday shopping taken care of today, so I wanted to feature a recipe that was absolutely mouth-watering and easy to fix up for supper tonight.
Today, I’m bringing you one of Paula Deen‘s top recipes that got 5 stars on Food Network’s website. It honestly amazes me that with all of the totally healthy recipes that I don’t even have to change at all that the Food Network doesn’t have their own section of paleo recipes. Maybe I should suggest it to them!
Paula Deen’s Baked Tilapia with Tomato and Basil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (8-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a shallow 1-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle the fish evenly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tilapia in a baking dish and sprinkle evenly with basil, oregano, onion powder and garlic.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Arrange the tomato slices evenly over the fish, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over fish and serve immediately.
- Enjoy! 🙂