Tonight’s dinner couldn’t be more simple.
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar paleo-friendly marinara sauce
(We’re using Culinary Circle’s Three Mushroom!)
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Split the squash in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Season the spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the flesh side of the squash down and roast it for 40 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest until it’s cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a large saute pan with the chopped chicken.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, using a spoon or fork, scrape the strands of spaghetti from the inside of the skin of the squash.
- Optional – Toss the spaghetti squash in the a separate pan to cook off a little moisture.
- Next, move the spaghetti in with the hot marinara for just long enough to become a homogenized dish and not overcook.
- Serve and Enjoy!