Review of Health-Bent’s Double Bacon Caesar (or Honey Mustard) Salad
Warm, sweet, slightly spicy-bacon-y dressing. What other reason do you need to eat lettuce? I mean sure, the salad had bacon and chicken and carrots, and I even threw in some pecans for good measure — but the honey mustard dressing! Oh my gosh. Worth the whole salad.
4 forks. 5 stars. Whatever rating system you have: tops. Seriously. I might make up excuses to make this salad again.
Just an Ordinary Day
Not much to talk about when it comes to the daily life today. The kitties are doing well. We’ve got their medicine, and for the next 2 weeks, they’ll be dewormed and antibioticed to good health! Hopefully, they’ll also put on some weight.
Fortunately, our dog, Brisco, is doing well. We brought in a fecal sample and he is free of intestinal hojimawhutzits. (And yes, that is the technical term).
In case anyone was concerned, so are Adam and I. 😉 I have been feeling really fatigued, though, recently, so today I cooked something easy.
What’s for supper? Rosemary Pot Roast!
Tonight, I’m bastardizing a recipe off of AllRecipes, and I’m cooking it in the crockpot instead of the oven.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
(Howbout all the grease from a pound of bacon?)
- 3 1/2 pounds beef chuck pot roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
(Or a bag of frozen “stew vegetables” – that counts, right?)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
What I did: Put it all in a Crock Pot on High for 6 hours
What AllRecipes.com says to do:
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Pour vegetable oil into a large oven-safe pot over medium-high heat. Season the chuck roast with salt and black pepper. Brown the meat on both sides in the hot oil, and transfer to a plate.
- Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the pot, and cook and stir until vegetables start to release their juices, about 3 minutes; loosen any brown flavor bits on the bottom of the pot. Add butter, and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Then sprinkle in rosemary, stir the vegetables, and return the roast to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the chuck roast is tender, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Season vegetables with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.