HAWMC Day #14: My Dream Day. Describe your ideal day. How would you spend your time? Who would you spend it with? Have you had this day? If not – how could you make it happen?
I am fortunate. I have lived a dream day. It was the day of Adam and my wedding.
I was surrounded by the people I love most in the world, and despite being ridiculously sick (I had the flu – on top of the MS and seizure disorder!), it was damn near perfect.
Could I have lived without the illness? ABSOLUTELY. But the day had everything about it that a perfect day ought to have.
- I got married to the love of my life – a man who treats me with kindness, respect, patience, caring, compassion, and all the love I could ever ask for, whose kiss lights my soul on fire and whose bedroom skills still make me blush. I felt so deeply loved and was able to reciprocate that love fully in a way that is everlasting. And the best part is, we still feel that way about each other and get to rekindle that commitment daily.
- I was surrounded by my best friends and family from all over the country. I felt totally loved and as though I completely “fit in” and was safe wherever I was. That secure feeling is one I will never forget.
- We all got to eat incredibly delicious food! (I’m a simple girl. Delicious food makes my whole day!)
- There was great music and dancing at the reception! I love to dance, even though I look silly doing it. It’s my favorite way to be active and work out. Can you say, “Living room dance time Me-party?” I can! 😀
- We had a karaoke after-party for everyone that night, which meant that there was singing! I love to sing. I try to do it every day, even if I’m alone.
- Despite my illnesses, we didn’t let the seizures or feeling bad get in the way of having a good time. My happiness showed through all day long. That’s the way I want to live my whole life.
- We didn’t spend our time worrying about anything but what was going on that day, and we were just in the moment. It made that time very special.
- I fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow, and I had the best sleep! There are few things better than that.
Care to see our wedding ceremony? It was a lot of fun! Adam and I wrote it ourselves, and even got feedback from the wedding DJ that it was the best ceremony he’d seen in 30 years of DJing!
You can check it out at http://www.rachael-and-adam.com — just let it load for a while. It’s a pretty big file.