So the other day, Adam and I got a serious hankering for something sweet and dessert-y. We went over to another website and tried their version of chocolate chip cookies and found them sadly flat and crispy.
We also aren’t fans of agave nectar. It’s too much in the straight “fructose” area of things for us. So, Adam and I decided we would try our own riff on Elena’s cookies, by substituting honey for agave nectar an adding an egg white to the recipe, and this is what we got.
The Best Paleo Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
Makes 12-24 cookies
2 ½ cups almond flour (homemade works great!)
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 egg white
½ cup grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup honey
½ cup dark chocolate chips (the darker the better!)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Form ½-inch – 1-inch balls and press onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes
- Cool for at least 5 minutes
- Serve and Enjoy!
These would be great with cranberries, walnuts, pecans, or other add-ins as well.
Hope you enjoy!