So before I started the Paleo Diet, I used to eat Wasa crackers as a bread substitute when I was cutting down on carbohydrates and increasing my whole grains. I loved having a hearty snack cracker that I could use to have sandwiches.
Adam and I have created something akin to them, and they are totally delicious and can be used to make use of lunchmeat in much the same way.
Paleo Rosemary Sesame Snack Crackers
2 cups almond meal
2 egg whites
1 tbsp ground rosemary
½ tsp thyme
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a firm but supple paste.
- Roll out the mix between two pieces of parchment as thin as you can keep even.
- Peel off the top parchment and gently cut.
- Sprinkle extra sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. You’re looking for light golden brown, dark means bitterness.
- Serve & Enjoy with lunchmeat and paleo mayonnaise, mustard, tomatoes, spinach or whatever you please!
I like these a lot with tuna salad or chicken salad as well. I hope you enjoy them too!
Happy Monday, everybody!