Today is going to be a good day. I’ve determined that already, even if it’s going to be work to get there.
1.) I have my first appointment with a new psychologist — the one I’ve been waiting 4 months to see. I’m excited about that. Excited, because I do, genuinely, need, deserve, and want the help… but I can’t honestly say that I’m looking forward to going through my entire life story with another stranger-who-cares. It’s damn painful to go through all the muck.
2.) Today, I’m going to apply with the Romeoville Humane Society today to be a kitten foster momma again! I have been missing kittens like crazy ever since we moved from Burbank. It’s like a gaping hole of love missing in my life, not having kittens around to care for. Nothing makes me feel more capable, or like I make a positive difference in the world like helping to rescue sweet baby cats, and training them to be good companion animals. It also helps me not feel so alone at home.
3.) I keep finding new music that I like on YouTube. Like this group… The Pretty Reckless.
4.) I keep finding new paleo recipe sites with great recipes! Here! Allow me to share one that sounds freaking AMAZING, Paleo Pad Thai – courtesy of The Clothes Make The Girl
Paleo Pad Thai
Ingredients, per person
1 cup cooked spaghetti squash
1/2 cup snap peas, slivered
1/4 onion, sliced thin
1/3 c. grilled chicken thigh or breast, diced
1 egg, scrambled with 1 t coconut aminos
1 batch sunshine sauce
|Sunshine Sauce (w/out water)
2 tablespoons Sunbutter (organic Sunbutter contains ONLY roasted sunflowers seeds)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic paste
1 teaspoon coconut aminos
2 tablespoons coconut milk
pinch dried ginger
-Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor to make Sunshine Sauce!
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat; I use about 1 teaspoon. Sauté the onion and snap peas until crisp-tender. Not too long! Then set aside.
- Heat a little more coconut oil in the pan. Pour in the egg and let it spread out into pancake. Cook until the egg is set and beginning to brown, then flip to lightly brown the other side. Cut the egg into strips and set aside.
- Heat a little more coconut oil in the pan. Add the spaghetti squash, snap peas/onions, egg, and chicken. Stir fry ’til heated through.
- Add the sunshine sauce and stir fry until everything is well-blended and hot.
- Top with any or all of these:
chopped cashews, almonds, or sunflower seeds
a squeeze of lime juice
I hope that this entry helps raise your spirits. Just writing it has helped raise mine. 🙂